If you cannot choose between decals or car stickers, you probably don’t the minute differences between these two types of signage. You need to figure out the right one for you. Stickers and decals are actually similar. Often, you use them interchangeably.
- Labels, stickers, and decals all comprise two layers. They have an adhesive layer and paper backing.
- You place the adhesive layer on the paper backing, which is generally some wax paper, foam, or an equivalent material. You can print the design on the adhesive layer’s front.
- You can make the adhesive layer from numerous materials, which include aluminum, paper, and vinyl.
- When it comes to purchasing stickers and decals, you need to consider many things. These are quantity/size, intended usage, application location/surface, and longevity or lifespan.
- Decals, stickers, and labels share almost the same attributes. The key differences are in their usage.
- You need stickers for illustrations and logos. You also use labels for product packaging. On the other hand, you use decals for advertising and decoration purposes on vehicles, walls, windows, and walls.
Consideration and differences
Consider the size of your car signage. You may want something small to stick to your car’s back, or something to cover an entire van or truck. In terms of color, you may want a simple, single color, or use a few primary colors. You can may also want tints and shades for your car stickers.
After deciding these things and the duration of the signage, you can decide the graphic style.
- A car sticker can be like label or a type of label. However, not every label is a sticker. You either print stickers, make them from vinyl, or draw them blank to write something on them.
- If you want something long-lasting for the outdoors, choose a sticker that has polyester or vinyl material.
- A sticker generally entails two layers. The back paper allows easy peeling. The decorative layer has the adhesive on its rear. Its front is full of patterns.
- A durable, good sticker can last for 8-10 years.
- When you’re talking about decals, all decals are stickers and not vice-versa.
- Basically, a decal is a decorative or flashy sticker for outdoor applications.
Their design allows you to transfer them from one surface/area to another. The stickers have three layers. The front paper, the main decal, and the back paper.
More on the difference
A sticker can comprise any label. You either make or print it from cut vinyl. It can last long as outdoor and car signage. The dual layers of car stickers essay a crucial role in its functionality.
You peel off the paper and the adhesive contain all the decorative elements. You put the decorative design and information on the front. Vinyl stickers are very popular as car stickers. Although they are great branding tools, you need to stick them professionally.
Although it could be a little difficult to remove the stickers, they won’t damage your car at any cost. However, it’s imperative for the car paint job to be top-class. An inferior paintwork can be detrimental.